Why Get Involved?
- Sign up and all events are free.
- You will be connected with screened investment opportunities according to your profile preferences.
- Entrepreuners will have recieved coaching and mentoring by successful businessmen before presentation.
- Grow Mid-Missouri will host regular investment forums to allow the 10 most promising businesses to meet with 10 investors during a speed-pitching session.
- You will help grow your community, support local businesses, and increase your investing/lending opportunities.
Why Small Business?
MAEDC is a sponsor of the Grow Mid-Mo initiative. Our goal is to see new small business start all across the MAEDC region. Why are we committed to small business growth and not just large business growth? Take a look at this data from the US Small Business Administration:
How important are small businesses to the U.S. economy? Small firms: • Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms. • Employ half of all private sector employees. • Pay 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll. • Generated 65 percent of net new jobs over the past 17 years. • Create more than half of the nonfarm private GDP. • Hire 43 percent of high tech workers ( scientists, engineers, computer programmers, and others). • Are 52 percent home-based and 2 percent franchises. • Made up 97.5 percent of all identified exporters and produced 31 percent of export value in FY 2008. • Produce 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms.
Source: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Census Bureau and Intl. Trade Admin.; Advocacy-funded research by Kathryn Kobe, 2007 (www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs299.pdf) and CHI Research, 2003 (www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs225.pdf);U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.